This guide is about YouTube Shorts thumbnail change. You will know how to change a shorts video thumbnail and whether you can set a custom thumbnail for shorts or not.
Let’s get started,
How to change YouTube Shorts Thumbnail?
To change the thumbnail of a YouTube Shorts, follow these steps:
- Open the YouTube Studio app on your phone.
- Upload a Short video or Create a Short.
- Tap next and go to the “Add details” screen.
- Here, tap the pencil icon in the top left corner of the video.
- Choose the new default thumbnail from video screens.
- Tap “Done”.
Things to know about YouTube Shorts custom thumbnail
1. Currently, you can only change the thumbnail of a Shorts video while uploading it on a mobile device.
2. You can set a new shorts thumbnail from video screens, and can not upload a custom thumbnail for video.
3. Change the short thumbnail before tapping the “Upload Short” button, after that you can’t change the thumbnail.
4. Currently, You can not change a shorts video thumbnail from browser (computer, mobile). In such case, you get following message,
“For now, you can’t change the thumbnail on your Short.“
That’s all about YouTube Shorts thumbnail change. Let’s hope this feature will be available on all platforms in future.
YouTube Shorts related post
- YouTube Shorts video guide and FAQs
- YouTube Shorts Custom Thumbnail (Things to Know)
- How to Watch YouTube Shorts on PC or Tablet?
- How to stop videos turning into shorts? (YouTube Shorts)
- How to Disable YouTube Shorts? (Get Rid of Permanently)
- Why Are YouTube Shorts and Other Videos Blurry After Upload?
- Shorts watch time counts toward YouTube monetization watch time threshold?