When you upload videos on YouTube, they will be processed in sequence – low quality to high quality (4K or 1080p). This way your video uploading process completes faster.
So, in video upload, video will first process in low quality and available to stream on low quality. And, when you view a video just after uploading it, you will find videos blurry.
Once video processing completes for higher quality, your video is available in higher quality.
This higher quality video processing takes more time, that’s why you get blurry video for several hours, until a higher quality video version is not prepared.
Hope you found this answer helpful.
For more detail, you can check this YouTube Help support page.
YouTube Shorts related post
- YouTube Shorts video guide and FAQs
- YouTube Shorts Custom Thumbnail (Things to Know)
- Do YouTube Shorts watch time counts toward YouTube monetization watch time threshold?
- How to stop videos turning into shorts? (YouTube Shorts)Why Are YouTube Shorts and Other Videos Blurry After Upload?
- How to Watch YouTube Shorts on PC or Tablet?