Domain name and web hosting are two different things. You can buy and renew domain and hosting separately.
In simple words, domain name is your website name on the internet, and web hosting is a service – which provides space and other things to publish your website on the internet.
Now, let’s come to your question,
Can I get a domain name without hosting?
Yes, you can purchase a domain name without hosting. If your selected domain name is available, then you can buy the domain name without buying hosting.
To buy a domain name, you need to pay a domain name fee and register domain name with domain registrar.
After buying and registering a domain name, you are the domain name owner, until you stop renewing your registration, No matter whether you host your website or not.
And, one more thing,
You can buy a domain name from one service provider and host a website in another service provider.
For example, buy a domain name from GoDaddy and host a website on Hostinger. In this case, you have to purchase a hosting plan from Hostinger service.
Domain name related post
- Are domain names unique? (If Yes, then Why)
- How to register a domain name anonymously? (Things to Know)
- Do domain names expire? (Things to Know)
- Why are domain name renewals so expensive? (Complete Answer)
- Does a domain name include email? (Things to Know)
- Can I Get a Domain Name Without Hosting?
- Can Domain Name Have XYZ Things (Things allowed or not)
- Is Domain Name Case Sensitive?
- How Much Cost Is a .com Domain Name On Hostinger India?
- Do I need a domain name for Shopify? (Things to Know)