In this post you will get a simple answer to your “Is Domain Name Case Sensitive?” question, and useful information about case sensitiveness in URL parts.
Domain names are case insensitive. It means, if you write domain name in uppercase, lowercase or mix, then in all cases – you will land on the same page.
If you type in the browser “
https://TECHPOSTPLUS.COM” or “
https://TechPostPlus.com“, then in the result your browser will open the same page for all cases.
Domain name case insensitivity helps to create uniqueness between domain names.
In URL, string(directory, page or file) after the domain name is case sensitive.
https://example.com/page-name.html” URL is different from “
Domain name related post
- Are domain names unique? (If Yes, then Why)
- How to register a domain name anonymously? (Things to Know)
- Do domain names expire? (Things to Know)
- Why are domain name renewals so expensive? (Complete Answer)
- Does a domain name include email? (Things to Know)
- Can I Get a Domain Name Without Hosting?
- Can Domain Name Have XYZ Things (Things allowed or not)
- Is Domain Name Case Sensitive?
- How Much Cost Is a .com Domain Name On Hostinger India?
- Do I need a domain name for Shopify? (Things to Know)