This guide will discuss adding a clickable URL link to your Instagram profile bio. It will cover where you can add a link to display in your bio, as well as why you cannot add a link to the Instagram bio field.
How to add a link in Instagram bio?
To add a link in your Instagram bio, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram app.
- Tap profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Tap “Edit profile”.
- Tap “Links” or “Add Link”.
- Tap “Add external link”.
- Add URL link and Title (optional).
- Save link changes.
- Tap the back arrow and save profile changes.
Note: Add links in Instagram bio feature available only on Android and iPhone apps.
How many links can you add?
You can add up to 5 links to your Instagram profile.
How to remove links from Instagram bio?
To remove a link from Instagram bio go to, Profile → Edit profile → Links, then tap on link and tap Remove link option.
How to reorder links in Instagram bio?
To reorder links in Instagram bio go to, Profile → Edit profile → Links. Next, tap “…” (three dot) option and tap “Reorder links”. Now, move a link up or down by drag (tap and hold link to drag) it.
After complete links reorder, save link order change, tap back arrow and save profile change.
Why can’t I add a link to my Instagram bio?
A Bio input field in Instagram profile form allows text, @mentions and hashtags. If you add a URL link in the bio field, it will display it as normal text. It means, you can’t add a clickable link from the bio input field.
Instead, follow add a link in Instagram bio steps to add clickable links in your Instagram bio.
Instagram guide and related posts
- How to Set Blank Space For Instagram Highlight Name?
- How to Add Spaces in Instagram Captions and Bios? (Line breaks)
- How to Check: Who Viewed Your Instagram Story – Your Story Views
- How to Turn Off Sound on Instagram Stories?
- How to Add Countdown on Instagram Story?
- How to Add a Link in Instagram Bio? (Clickable URL Links)
- How to Delete Instagram Account – Permanently or Temporarily
- How to Delete an Instagram Fake Account?
- How to Change Instagram Post Date?
- How to Hide Followers and Following Lists on Instagram?
- Check Instagram Login Activity and Log out Unknown Logins
- Instagram Profile Picture Size, Aspect ratio, Type, Circle and More
- Not able to refresh feed or send messages and Instagram ask for details