What if someone creates an Instagram account pretending to be you? How can you delete your fake Instagram account that was created by someone else?
Here, a fake Instagram account means, account which was created by someone else with your name and other personal information. And, that person pretending to be you using that account.
Now, how to delete such a fake Instagram account?, if you find it on Instagram.
To delete a fake Instagram account, you can report it to Instagram within the app or by filling out a report form. In the report, you need to provide requested information and a photo of your government-issued ID.
Now, you know the answer.
Next, let’s know more about the fake account report and process.
How do you report an Instagram account and get it deleted?
You can report for a fake Instagram account within the app(require an existing Instagram account) or by filling a report form(Instagram account not required).
Report fake Instagram account from app
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to a fake Instagram profile.
- Tap the three dot icon near the profile name.
- Tap “Report…” option.
- Choose the “Report account” option.
- Next, select report reasons and complete the process.
Report fake Instagram account using report form
- Open a web browser on your phone or PC.
- Open Instagram report form page: https://help.instagram.com/contact/636276399721841
- Select form options as per your situation.
- Provide requested information and send a report.
It is suggested to make a fake account report request by a person, whose personal data used and being impersonated. Here, a representative of the person can also report.
Instagram will take action based on your provided report information and their terms & conditions. This process may take 24 hours or a few days in some cases.
Hope you find given information helpful. If you need more information related to this, then you can also check the Instagram help center page.