This guide will show you how to mute the sound on Instagram Stories while watching them or before uploading your own.
Manage Instagram stories sound can be required in many cases where you want to mute or turn off story sound.
How to turn off sound on Instagram Stories?
Unlike Instagram Reels, there is no tap option to turn the sound on or off for Instagram Stories. This means that you cannot mute Instagram Stories directly from the iOS or Android apps.
To mute the sound on Instagram Stories, you can mute your phone’s sound. To do this, press and hold the volume down button until the sound icon is turned off.
How to mute sound on your Instagram Story?
To mute the audio on your Instagram Story while uploading or creating a story video, tap the speaker icon in the top bar of the story options.
The icon will change to a mute icon once you have tapped it. This will mute the original audio in your recorded video or uploaded story video.
Hope you find this how to manage Instagram Story sound guide helpful.
Instagram guide and related posts
- How to Set Blank Space For Instagram Highlight Name?
- How to Add Spaces in Instagram Captions and Bios? (Line breaks)
- How to Check: Who Viewed Your Instagram Story – Your Story Views
- How to Turn Off Sound on Instagram Stories?
- How to Add Countdown on Instagram Story?
- How to Add a Link in Instagram Bio? (Clickable URL Links)
- How to Delete Instagram Account – Permanently or Temporarily
- How to Delete an Instagram Fake Account?
- How to Change Instagram Post Date?
- How to Hide Followers and Following Lists on Instagram?
- Check Instagram Login Activity and Log out Unknown Logins
- Instagram Profile Picture Size, Aspect ratio, Type, Circle and More
- Not able to refresh feed or send messages and Instagram ask for details